We missed last week’s update because … reasons. Sorry. We’ll make it up to you with plenty of crunchy Pickle news this week.
Welcome to Pickle Finance
The Pickle rebrand and brand new website is coded up and almost ready to go, we plan to release this week after a few final tweaks …
The app design is also complete! Work is underway to code this up and it should release within coming weeks, including fused Jars and Farms and Zaps.
We decided to launch the rebrand and new landing page first rather than wait for the app, but be aware that the two will look a little disconnected for a while 👀
We knew for some time that we had made the right choice of in choosing Polygon as our first L2 chain. But what has surprised and delighted us is the momentum that the developer community has, everyone we’ve come across that is building on Polygon is keen to chat about collaboration opportunities and ideas of how projects can work together for mutual benefit. We ❤ it.
Because of this we have a host of new discussions underway, some of which could come to fruition in coming weeks.
B my valentine
Talking of collaborations, we’ve been getting up close and personal with B.Protocol this last week or two in order to lego-up our respective strategies related to Liquity. B.Protocol’s new Liquity strategy will earn $LQTY, stake them on Pickle for pLQTY and earn users even higher yields. Watch this space over the coming week for news.
We also got together with B.Protocol, ChainLink, Kyber, Liquity and Krystal to cook up a meme competition. Make sure to enter for a chance of winning a share of $3k!
This week we launched a new Yearn Affiliate Jar, fraxCRV which currently offers 23–40% APY depending on DILL boost. FRAX has established itself as the OG fractional-algo stablecoin and has enjoyed stability for long enough to have a high reputation.
Two weeks ago we announced a slew of Kyber Jars as part of their Rainmaker program, however the vesting period introduced on rewards but a dampener on those plans unfortunately.
Coming up this week (pending final testing) we have:
- QiDao’s MAI-QI Jar — just launched 🙌, this pair has enjoyed a high APR for some time and the % gets even better when you add in auto-compounding and PICKLE + MATIC rewards on top!
- Iron Finance IS3USD — the TriPool of stables that Iron Finance launched (DAI, USDT, USDC) provides a great return in their newly released ICE token. Polygon again provides the perfect opportunity for regular compounding of these rewards to maximise the overall APY available on this stablecoin trio.
- D4 Pool on Saddle Finance — A new 4 way stablecoin pool with a focus on decentralization. This pool combines Alchemix’s alUSD, Fei Protocol’s FEI, Frax Finance’s FRAX and Liquity’s LUSD into one pool that is rewarded by governance tokens from each project. Pickle’s Jar will auto-compound all FOUR reward tokens to provide more base stablecoin pool LP. Beta testing is underway.
In beta testing and coming soon(TM) are:
- Alchemix alETH — just re-enabled by Alchemix, we’ll be live testing this Jar over coming days.
- Curve tricrypto — still in the plans, testing underway.
This week we recognised some of the amazing community that Pickle Finance enjoys. Thirteen deserving Picklers received an award as thanks for their varying contributions to Pickle.
If you have ideas for something you want to build, spend a chunk of time doing or something you think Pickle should do to help its development, feel free to open a thread on the forums and request a grant!
Behind the scenes
We have also spent some time this last two weeks improving things behind the scenes. We’ve migrated our testing environment to Hardhat which not only speeds things up but provides a more robust testing environment for all strategy development.
That’s it for this week, PickleFam 💚